Rio Skagit Flight Shooting Head
RIO's Skagit Flight Shooting Heads cast large flies and the fastest of sinking tips with exceptional ease. The unique taper design has a powerful back section that deeply loads spey rods for long effortless casts, and a carefully designed, subtle front taper to ensure the longest of casts and to generate the smoothest of loops.
- Easy casting, deep loading design for effortless casts
- Powerful front end casts fast sinking tips and large flies
- Welded loops for fast rigging
- ID printed rear loop for fast head recognition; attach this end to the shooting line
For best performance, RIO recommends attaching the following head sizes to these shooting lines sizes:
275gr to 450gr – .024" Powerflex shooting line, or 25lb SlickShooter
450gr to 550gr – .030" Powerflex shooting line, or 35lb SlickShooter
550gr to 650gr – .035" Powerflex shooting line, or 44lb SlickShooter
650gr and bigger – .040" Powerflex shooting line, or 50lb SlickShooter
- Leland on RIO Fly Lines
- Jim Vincent and his team of fly fishing experts have been manufacturing the most functionally creative fly lines at RIO for the past 20 years. From depth, distance, wind, visibility, extreme heat, or extreme cold, the RIO team has considered every factor that presents itself to the fly fishing experience and come up with innovative fly line solutions to overcome the trials of any environment. In terms of the unique challenges presented by every fish, RIO has specifically developed fly lines to optimize presentation, whether it's delicate precision or powerhouse delivery you're seeking. Experience drives innovation at RIO-the fly line design team at RIO has spent countless hours on the water, testing and perfecting their fly fishing products to provide you with the most sophisticated fly lines on the market.